A dedicated lawmaker and pioneer for women in state politics, Susan Garrett is a champion for the environment, healthcare, education and ethics and a mentor for women entrepreneurs. Her leadership extended across the aisle, keeping her constituents' interests close to heart as a public servant extraordinaire.
Please join us to celebrate her story
Thursday, October 7 at 7pm at the History Center or on Zoom
Susan Garrett will be interviewed by journalist and good friend, Carol Marin. The setting is an intimate interview that encourages the sharing of little-known stories, behind-the-scenes anecdotes and insights missing from standard biographies.
WE ARE SEEKING SPONSORS TO HONOR OUR 2021 LOCAL LEGEND
AND SUPPORT THE HISTORY CENTER'S ANNUAL FUNDRAISER
Help us continue to fund educational programming for classrooms from grade 5 through college, expand our programs and exhibits, and preserve our archives. The History Center is the only organization dedicated to collecting both Lake Forest and Lake Bluff history and saving it for future generations.
- Sponsors at the $500 level and above will receive:
- Recognition in the pre-event slide show and the opportunity to write a personal note to Susan
- Recognition in social media posts
- Recognition in the History Center e-newsletter
- Recognition on the Local Legends event webpage
- Recognition on the lobby display inside the History Center
- Sponsors at the $1,000 level and above receive the $500 sponsor benefits, plus:
- Two tickets to the in-person event and pre-interview happy hour
- For those who elect to attend via Zoom: a signature cocktail kit, featuring "The Garrett" (or beer or wine) will be delivered to you to enjoy during the event
- An opportunity to videotape a 30-second well wish to Susan in the pre-event slide presentation
- $2,500 level and above receive the $1,000 sponsor benefits, plus:
- For those who attend via Zoom: dinner from Froggy’s (Susan’s favorite restaurant) and cocktails ("The Garrett" or beer or wine) delivered to your door to enjoy during the event
- Your logo or name shown during the pre-event slide presentation in addition to the videotaped well wish
- $5,000 level and above receive the $2,500 sponsor benefits, plus:
- Recognition as a Key Sponsor for the event in all materials, as well as mention in all press releases and story submissions about the event
- $10,000 level and above receive the $5,000 sponsor benefits, plus:
- Marquee status recognition with the phase, “Local Legends presented by...”
- SPECIAL: Note to Susan $50: Congratulate or write a personal note to Susan to be compiled in a special keepsake book for our 2021 Local Legend
Tickets to the Local Legends benefit are $250 In-Person, $50 on Zoom
Questions? Please don't hesitate to call the office at 847.234.5253.
Do a Drive By!
Special thanks to @LoriBakerLakeForestRealEstate for giving us prime window space in her beautiful Compass office on Deerpath. Do you recognize Susan Garrett's sparkle vest from past parades?!
History Center Lake Forest-Lake Bluff
509 East Deerpath
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045